Skip to main content

MOI SEES IT CAN BE DONE IN SHANGHAI

To our readers,

I recently returned from Shanghai where my company, Met One Instruments, Inc. participated in a technology exchange with the Shanghai Academy of Environmental Sciences.  Along with Oregon's Governor, Dr. John Kitzhaber, we made a presentation of our EPA Reference Method Air Quality Monitor.  BAM-1020 PM 2.5.

The BAM-1020 is a US manufactured particulate monitor that monitors particles in the range of PM10 and PM2.5.  The monitor presented to SAES will be one of the first PM2.5 monitors deployed in Shanghai.



This was my fourth trip to Shanghai in the past 3 years and I was impressed by the number of blue sky days that I was able to experience.  (See Pics)  I noticed that surfaces of infrastructure (buildings, windows, railings, street lamps, etc...) were generally free of particulate fall out.  One afternoon, I spent a few hours wandering around Shanghai on a quest to find xiaolongbao and an electric bicycle dealer and had a very pleasant time.  The days I was in Shanghai, I would categorize the air quality as good and my portable air quality monitor (Met One Instruments, Inc Aerocet 531 particulate profiler) that I carried confirmed this opinion.



Peter Pomponi
Met One Instruments, Inc.
ppomponi@metone.com
(541) 471 7111 ph
(541) 471 7116 fax